“collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
“consent” means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative, such as a parent or guardian. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from a user's action or inaction.
“user” means an individual who uses the Service provided by Post-Ed, including anyone else who accesses or visits the Sites.
“disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party.
“personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
“registered user” means a user who has created and registered an account with Post-Ed, as well as a Subscribing Organization that has created and registered an account or accounts with Post-Ed.
“Subscribing Organization” means a company, entity or organization, including any university, college or post-secondary education institution that has subscribed to the Service.
“third party” means an individual other than the user, or the user's agent, or an organization outside Post-Ed or a Subscribing Organization.
“use” means the treatment, handling and management of personal information by and within Post-Ed.
Post-Ed may collect any or all of the following personal information if the information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed or requested by you:
- information that you provide when you become a registered user or otherwise complete forms on the Service, such as your name, email, and student identification number;
- your log-in and password details in connection with your Post-Ed account(s), including your username;
- information that you provide to Post-Ed, such as events and information about events;
- your correspondence with Post-Ed employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Service or problems that you report;
- details of your requests made through the Service.
- Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Post-Ed collects your personal information and will use your personal information as is reasonably required for the following purposes:
- if you are a registered user, to establish and maintain your Post-Ed account;
- to provide web applications, the Service, and/or the other services or information that you request, including, but not limited to, reports and analytics;
- to respond to questions, comments, requests, job applications, or complaints that you submit to Post-Ed;
- to process payments made by you to Post-Ed;
- to track communications with you;
- to analyze use of the Service and to improve the Service;
- to send emails, newsletters, regular mail or other communications you have consented to receive from Post-Ed;
- to provide Service-related announcements or notifications to you;
- to fulfill a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your personal information; and/or
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Post-Ed staff are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Personal information will only be collected and used by authorized staff in a manner consistent with the activities of Post-Ed.
Post-Ed may disclose your personal information to:
- its employees, agents, partners and service providers as is reasonably necessary to enable these parties to perform a business, professional or technical support function for Post-Ed;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Post-Ed, is seeking the information as your agent;
- a Subscribing Organization, if in the reasonable judgment of Post-Ed, you abuse the Services or Post-Ed is advised you have broken the applicable Subscribing Organization internal policies; and
- a third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Post-Ed is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Post-Ed uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by Post-Ed include, but are not limited to, locked filing cabinets, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls. While Post-Ed cannot guarantee that risks such as loss, theft, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information will not occur, Post-Ed will make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Post-Ed takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Post-Ed also ensures that its employees with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Finally, Post-Ed protects personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
If you are a registered user and your Post-Ed account becomes inactive, Post-Ed may choose not to retain your User Content, personal information associated with your Post-Ed account, or any other records associated with your Post-Ed account, for a period longer than three years after your Post-Ed account becomes inactive, in which case such information may be destroyed. If your Post-Ed account becomes inactive, you are solely responsible for exporting any such information from your Post-Ed account that you may wish to retain.
Post-Ed is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Post-Ed will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, Post-Ed will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, Post-Ed will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you.
Also upon request, Post-Ed will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, Post-Ed will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
- Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Post-Ed at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of Post-Ed to continue providing aspects of the Service to you. Please contact Post-Ed for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
- Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and which we are unable to connect to other information in order to identify you. Post-Ed may collect any or all of the following non-personal information:
- Aggregated data resulting from the combination and/or aggregation of certain raw data collected from your business (including, but not limited to, financial information and operational data) with other data in a way that no longer personally identifies the user.
- We may also use additional analytics programs from time to time to process non-personal information about you.
We make no attempt to link this non-personal information with the identity of individuals using the Service. Non-personal information may be permanently archived for future use in any manner whatsoever by Post-Ed.
10567019 Canada Inc.
Mailing Address: 646 Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3M 0C2
Telephone No.: 1-204-898-5780
E-mail: [email protected]
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from Post-Ed regarding our new products or services, promotions or other similar communications, you may unsubscribe by contacting Post-Ed at [email protected] Please note that, after you unsubscribe, Post-Ed may still send electronic communications to you in certain limited circumstances, such as to provide you with Service notifications and billing information, or to provide information that Post-Ed is legally obligated to provide you.
Date: September 1, 2018